Tsavo funds to be shared between county and National gov't, Ruto says

The President further revealed that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would be signed in January 2025 to seal the deal.
President William Ruto on Tuesday announced a momentous revenue-sharing plan that will see proceeds from the Tsavo National Park being equally shared between the National Government and Taita Taveta County.
Speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony of the Devki Iron Ore Pelletization Plant in Voi, the President disclosed that the agreement had been reached after extensive deliberations between Governor Andrew Mwadime and Tourism CS Rebecca Miano.
More To Read
- President Ruto vows to crack down on SHA fraud as 1,000 health facilities shut
- President Ruto bestows Prince Rahim Aga Khan V 'Chief of the Order of the Golden Heart'
- Ruto appoints Faith Odhiambo to co-chair panel of experts on compensation of protest victims
- Ruto appoints Komora, Siparo to National Police Service Commission
- Challenging the status quo: Githunguri MP Gathoni Wamuchomba tells it all
- Ruto, Raila and leaders unite in praise for Harambee Stars despite 'heartbreaking' loss
"The decision to split Tsavo's revenue equally is about more than fairness. We want to encourage the people of Taita Taveta to take ownership of this iconic park as both a tourist attraction and income generator," he said
The President further revealed that a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would be signed in January 2025 to seal the deal.
Earlier before, Governor Mwadime praised the decision, noting that it would boost the local economy by providing direct benefits to the surrounding communities.
"This is a momentous step for Taita Taveta County. It will not only create jobs but also empower our people to take pride in conserving our natural heritage," he said.
Top Stories Today
- Live blog: Governor Erick Mutai’s impeachment trial enters third day
- MPs warn of huge losses at NCPB, raise alarm over Kenya’s food security
- Interpol shares key advice to tackle cyber threats
- UN warns Kenyans over spike in scams linked to staff relocation to Nairobi
- Indiscipline to blame for Nairobi–Nakuru Highway gridlock, says KeNHA
- Kenya losing over Sh600 billion in stalled public projects, says PMI