Home / Eastleigh

Fire breaks out at Eastleigh's Moonlight Shopping Centre 

By |

The fire is said to have begun due to a cooking gas incident at Madal Restaurant and Cafe on the first floor of the building.

A fire has broken out at the Moonlight Shopping Center on Eastleigh's 12th Street.

The fire is suspected to have begun due to a cooking gas incident at Madal Restaurant and Cafe on the first floor of the building on Tuesday morning.



The gas cylinder suspected to have caused the fire in the building. (Photo: Abdirahman Khalif)


All the businesses in the building have been shut down.

The scene inside Moonlight Shopping Centre on Eastleigh's 12th Street on May 14, 2024. (Photo: Abdirahman Khalif)


Residents are currently attempting to extinguish the flames. Police officers are currently on site.

The scene where a fire broke out at Moonlight Shopping Centre on Eastleigh's 12th Street on May 14, 2024. (Photo: Abdirahman Khalif)


Firefighters from Nairobi County arrived at the scene at around 11.30 am to extinguish the fire.

Nairobi County firefighters at the scene where a fire broke out at Moonlight Shopping Centre on Eastleigh's 12th Street on May 14, 2024. (Photo: Abdirahman Khalif)


The fire was put out shortly before 12 noon less than half an hour after the arrival of the Nairobi County firefighters.

Reader comments