Qatar hosts talks between Congo and Rwanda, also meets with rebels, sources say

Congolese and Rwandan officials held talks on Friday, while M23 representatives met separately with Qatari mediators, said two sources from the Congolese government and two from the rebels.
Qatar hosted a second round of talks on Friday between Congo and Rwanda and separately met with representatives of M23, the rebellion waging an insurgency in eastern Congo, four sources told Reuters.
Democratic Republic of Congo President Felix Tshisekedi and his Rwandan counterpart Paul Kagame met last week in Doha for their first talks since M23 rebels stepped up an offensive there in January.
More To Read
- DR Congo prosecutor seeks death penalty for ex-President Joseph Kabila
- DR Congo: Rising insecurity in the east impedes diplomatic progress, Security Council hears
- Rwanda rejects Human Rights Watch allegations of backing M23 killings in DRC
- M23 casts doubt on DRC peace efforts after skipping Qatar talks
- ADF rebels kill at least 52 civilians in eastern DRC
- Kenya clarifies nomination of Consul-General to Goma following pushback from DRC
Congolese and Rwandan officials held talks on Friday, while M23 representatives met separately with Qatari mediators, said two sources from the Congolese government and two from the rebels.
Top Stories Today